Struggling with Humidity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
Hi. I know some here are strugggling keeping the humidity up. I wanted to share what works for me. My humidity stays about 80%. I took a tupperware cut holes in the lid filled it with water and put a pond fogger in it. It works great! I also leave the lid somewhat cracked open to let a little more moisture out. I have been using this for about two months now and it is awesome. I fill it up with about a quart of water twice a day(morning and night). Here is a video of my enclosure with it working.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtImfCiD9wY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I hope the link works! If not my youtube account is lgarrett12386 you can find it there.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's a good idea. I used one of those for my frogs. The bad thing about them, I feel, they don't last long. Mine had to have the exact amount of water, not to high, not to low or it wouldn't work right. The easiest and probably cheaper way is to just add a humidifier. I like the effect of the foggers though.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
wellington said:
That's a good idea. I used one of those for my frogs. The bad thing about them, I feel, they don't last long. Mine had to have the exact amount of water, not to high, not to low or it wouldn't work right. The easiest and probably cheaper way is to just add a humidifier. I like the effect of the foggers though.

This was much cheaper then a humidifier. And it fits in the enclosure. I havent had any problems with it not working right.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Very good idea. Thanks for sharing the video. I do miss having babies.

lori12386

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Your welcome. It helps me a lot. Just wanted others to benefit as well! Total cost was less then $20.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
The link works nicely, thanks for sharing Lori.

Last time, I also want to use that type of fogger too, but then I cancel buying it because the one sold in my country always gets some fancy color leds on it. I doubt my torts will like it during night time.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
lori12386 said:
Hi. I know some here are strugggling keeping the humidity up. I wanted to share what works for me. My humidity stays about 80%. I took a tupperware cut holes in the lid filled it with water and put a pond fogger in it. It works great! I also leave the lid somewhat cracked open to let a little more moisture out. I have been using this for about two months now and it is awesome. I fill it up with about a quart of water twice a day(morning and night). Here is a video of my enclosure with it working.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtImfCiD9wY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I hope the link works! If not my youtube account is lgarrett12386 you can find it there.

those are nice but you got to be careful and use only distilled water in those or the minerals in the water will accumulate and render it inoperable in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.