substrate choice, humidity and planting

Nerwen

My baby marginated tortoises are about 9 months old. I do not know for sure as I adopted them on Friday. At the moment they live together although I know I will have to separate them as soon as they show signs of aggression.

Please can you advise on the correct substrate choice. I am currently using Pettex Reptile Substrate Tortoise Soil Bedding, which I understand is a mixture of sand, loam and calcium.

In their sleeping area I have aspen on top of this, which they like to bury themselves under.

Also I have just bought a MvPower LCD Digital Embedded Thermometer Hygrometer Probe for Reptile Black humidity reader but am not sure how to use it.

I live in the UK in the South East if that helps.

I think both tortoise shells are pyramided. I have been bathing them daily and also spraying their substrate. They always have water available and I am feeding them dandelions from the garden plus at the moment the tortoise pellets, which are soaked in water, as that is what they are use it. I am trying to wean them off the pellet food onto a diet of weeds. I have ordered seeds to sow both inside and for their outside run.

Lastly what indoor plants can I put in their enclosure. They currently have aloe and lemon thyme.