Substrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aubs1220

5 Year Member
I just moved my sulcata indoors for the winter, and I had a quick question. I use Yesterday's News in my rabbits litterboxes, would I be able to use the same product for my tortoise?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I wouldn't. Something more natural to their own environment would be best. You should try to make it as realistic as possibly to the outside. I personally wouldn't recommend it for rabbits either. They should have a cage that the poop and urine drops down, where they don't have to live on it, unless that is how you are using it.
That's just my opinion, see what others say.

Aubs1220

5 Year Member
wellington said:
I wouldn't. Something more natural to their own environment would be best. You should try to make it as realistic as possibly to the outside. I personally wouldn't recommend it for rabbits either. They should have a cage that the poop and urine drops down, where they don't have to live on it, unless that is how you are using it.
That's just my opinion, see what others say.

I use it for my rabbits. Both of mine are litter trained, so they don't just sit in it. I work for a small animal vet, and she discourages wire or drop down cages for rabbits due to the chance that they can get toes stuck in and broken or worse.

Thank you for the advice though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.