Sudden death of my Indian Star

Mungo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
I am in pieces. My otherwise healthy tortoise, Mungo, became ill in the early hours of this morning.

She had a womb prolapse, possibly caused by a tumour. She passed several undeveloped eggs, so she may have been egg bound.

The vet had to euthanise my little girl. The vet said it was not something that could have been prevented or treated.

It was so, so traumatic. She was only 13 and spoiled rotten with a regular supplies of suitable food, regular baths, nutrients and an enormous enclosure.

I can’t get her little face out of my mind.

Attachments

• IMG_2302.jpeg
    IMG_2302.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 3

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Sorry for your loss. They are lovely to keep and easy to get attached to. In time you could look to buy another and give it the love and care.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Oh my God!
I am just reading this now and I am gutted!!
I am so sorry for your loss!!!!!!
I can only pray 🙏 for your pain and strength at this time…
Again, I am so terribly sorry for your loss.
😭😭😭
I am in pieces. My otherwise healthy tortoise, Mungo, became ill in the early hours of this morning.

She had a womb prolapse, possibly caused by a tumour. She passed several undeveloped eggs, so she may have been egg bound.

The vet had to euthanise my little girl. The vet said it was not something that could have been prevented or treated.

It was so, so traumatic. She was only 13 and spoiled rotten with a regular supplies of suitable food, regular baths, nutrients and an enormous enclosure.

Bwaterford

Holland Ohio

I'm so very sorry for your loss,
Im new to having a tortoise mine is still a baby only a few months old so I don't know if it's a girl or boy. Do female tortoise lay eggs if they don't mate? I seriously have no idea about all this and was surprised to ready your post and outcome. I had a similar thing happen to a bird I had and I was so upset when she died but she had mated. I'm still learning about my tortoise. I have a Cherry Head Redfoot.