Suddenly picky eater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
My 4 year old Hermann's, Elsa, whom I just got last November, used to LOOOOVE opuntia! It was the first thing she picked out of her food pile and ate it all. Now, just in the past month, she can't be bothered! She eats everything else and leaves the opuntia til it just shrivels up. I've ordered some Mazuri to mix it with and try and get her eating it again. But has anyone ever had this happen?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I have, every year my adult sulcata, Walker, will stop eating the potted opuntia that he has access to about this time of year unless I pick the pads and hand feed it to him or cut the pads into strips and pile on the ground. and a little later in the fall he shows no interest in it at all.He would rather eat the leaves that fall from the maple trees.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My Tatum has done that this year with the rose of Sharon flower. Last year loved them. This year when they first came out would eat a couple for about two days. Now hasn't touched one for about two weeks or more. He has done this with Mazuri too. I just keep offering a little every day. He's always been kinda picky. I have noticed though, that if I put the food outside in the enclosure, kinda spread it around, he will eat more of it then piled on a plate. I guess he likes the hunt. Try that, who knows, might work:D. Picky buggers, I think they just like keeping us guessing:)

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Oh yes, our Dante likes to keep us guessing! Though he switches things up a lot more than once a year. He's a lot like a toddler! Keeping me on my toes! @wellington, I've noticed the same thing. The idea of hunting for food gets Dante much more exited to eat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.