Sulcata acting strange from the move ( SoCal to NorCal)

Hector zaragoza

Location (City and/or State)
Glendora
Hey guys it’s been a while. My tortoise Normie is now 4 years old. He’s about 30lb and is bigger than a basketball. We moved up north in California about 4 weeks ago. He now has twice the yard with grasses and trees. He’s been staying outside in he’s heated house for years now but since we moved he doesn’t wanna come out unless I have a snack for him. Once he’s out he starts eating grass and goes right back into his house. Temps inside his house are at 70/80 F and during the day it’s at 90/100 F. He still is eating his flowers and grasses but idk why he’s not exploring. Anyone experience this before ? Thank you for the help ! IMG_0412.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9225.jpeg
    IMG_9225.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Four weeks is a long time, but maybe he is still adjusting?

What do you think @wellington and @Tom ?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey guys it’s been a while. My tortoise Normie is now 4 years old. He’s about 30lb and is bigger than a basketball. We moved up north in California about 4 weeks ago. He now has twice the yard with grasses and trees. He’s been staying outside in he’s heated house for years now but since we moved he doesn’t wanna come out unless I have a snack for him. Once he’s out he starts eating grass and goes right back into his house. Temps inside his house are at 70/80 F and during the day it’s at 90/100 F. He still is eating his flowers and grasses but idk why he’s not exploring. Anyone experience this before ? Thank you for the help ! View attachment 378055
Its most likely that he doesn't like something about the new environment.

Also, 70 is too cold. It shouldn't drop below 80 at any time.

The fence in the back ground needs a visual barrier. At some point, he will start coming out again, and he will likely hurt himself on that see-through fence.