Sulcata Dessert Tortoise Watery Eyes and Snot Bubbles

StickyBuns

Location (City and/or State)
California
Ok this is a long-winded message so stay with me but...

When I moved into this house I am at, in Southern California, we acquired a Sulcata Dessert Tortoise (I believe) from the previous owner. He was bit by a dog when he was younger before we got him. After we got him his house got set on fire with some electrical heating issues, but luckily he crawled out. We had a vet check up for him and they said he had a bit of respiratory damage and kind of whistles when he breathes which we thought was normal for his condition. He now lives in one of those dog igloos with a heating pad inside while we have insulation items like a tarp and blanket that covers the entrance at night.....

SO I walked outside to look at him today and he had clear watery eyes and blew a clear huge snot bubble out of his nose. I do not know for how long he has been like that since it has been raining for about a week and he has been inside his igloo. I suspect he might have a respiratory issue. I will post a picture of him but keep in mind he was not pleased that I was within his vicinity. Also-he is 10 years old. Anyone have a suggestion or idea what this might be?

Attachments

• 20200416_171724.jpg
    20200416_171724.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 15

StickyBuns

Location (City and/or State)
California
i’m pretty sure it’s RI, keep him Warm. what’s the temperature?
It's usually about 80 degrees according to my parents, they say his heating bulb and thermostat in the igloo is set for around 80 degrees, but he also has something called a "pig blanket" i believe which is like a pressure pad he can step on to get warm.