Sulcata eating dirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruchonnet

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Valley, CA
My one year old sulcata has just started eating dirt as of yesterday. I'm thinking of getting minerALL after reading bout others who eat dirt. But is that still the best option? Should I add something else to his diet?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
From what I can tell, and you may possibly be talking about one of my threads. That is what I would do. A lot of them will eat dirt. My leopard does also. However, the tiny stones that could possibly be in the dirt is what bothers me. So I will also be getting the minerAll myself. It won't hurt but could help.

Ruchonnet

5 Year Member
Central Valley, CA
He gets grasses, cactus, some spring mix. That's his usually sometimes I mix it up and give him other things. He also has a cuttlebone but I know that's mostly just calcium right? I think I will go with the minerALL. I think this eating dirt thing is new so I'm also confused as to why he just now started doing it? An yesterday he tried to eat a huge rock!! So I'm worried about that as well.

And weeds. Lots of weeds. And some zucchini and bussel sprouts occasionally.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
My adopted lg male Sulcata would eat rocks like crazy... Once he pooped over a lb of rocks... Got him on a good diet and vitamins and now he doesn't even look at them...

Status
Not open for further replies.