Sulcata hatchling question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Baltimore, Md
Hi! I was just wondering if my new baby was behaving normally. Every once in awhile he "gulps" air? It kinda look like a frog when they croak, is this normal?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My leopard used to look like he was doing that when trying to get food. Almost like he didn't know how Far away the food actually was. Not sure if that is what you are talking about or not. See what others have to say. In the mean time, check out the threads at the bottom of my post. All really good for raising a healthy sulcata.

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
Thank u... He does it when I soak him, feed him, take him outside, ect... So he does it in all types of situations. I'm not sure if he's just taking a deep breath, or maybe he's doing it to make himself appear larger cuz he feels threatened, I hope not, but it would b nice to know if he is... Thanks on ur input =) does ur leopard still do this?

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Atra42o said:
Hi! I was just wondering if my new baby was behaving normally. Every once in awhile he "gulps" air? It kinda look like a frog when they croak, is this normal?

My Russian does that in the morning! He's just yawning!

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
Tom said:
What is your. Lowest night temp?

80° it stays that way all night until I turn his lamp on in the morning. I also have another question, he LOVES clovers (the leaf and flower) and dandelions, but the guy who found him brought him into Petco, n they told me to feed him moistened Zoomed pellets w/ various other things as snacks. What is the best thing to feed him, please be as specific as possible =) (I don't wanna mess anything up)

TortoiseBoy1999 said:
My Russian does that in the morning! He's just yawning!

Really? Ok I feel better now =) thanks

Atra42o said:
80° it stays that way all night until I turn his lamp on in the morning. I also have another question, he LOVES clovers (the leaf and flower) and dandelions, but the guy who found him brought him into Petco, n they told me to feed him moistened Zoomed pellets w/ various other things as snacks. What is the best thing to feed him, please be as specific as possible =) (I don't wanna mess anything up)

Really? Ok I feel better now =) thanks

Also, would it b possible to estimate how old he is? I know VERY little history.

Status
Not open for further replies.