Sulcata isnt using front legs

Seasonaleclipse

Location (City and/or State)
USA
I have 3 sulcata tortises, but one of them, the biggest one isnt using his front legs, he is pushing himself with his back legs.

He hasnt experienced any trauma and the other two are perfectly fine. They are all on the same diet and are living outdoors together. He is eating just fine, maybe a little bit slower than the other two.

This happened all of a sudden a few days ago and he doesn't seem to be exhibiting any signs of pain

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hhmm, three Sullys living together in the same space is usually never a good outcome.

Where are you living in “USA” , what are their sizes and ages. Living outside but how much room to explore? In the meantime, you might want to separate them all if you can.

I’m not sure what would cause this! @Tom usually has some good input.

Seasonaleclipse

USA
Oh, I see. I've gotten two of then from a previous owner and she said they grew up together just fine so I kept them together for now.

The biggest one may be around 10 years old?

And I live in Hawaii so there is plenty of sun and they have shade if they need as well. They have half of our yard, so about a 15x25ft space

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Is he keeping his legs pulled in?
Do they seem "stuck"?
Or are they dangling?
You're relatively sure that neither of the other two...Or a rat....Or a dog has bitten his feet?
Tortoises don't really show signs of pain. If they did, it'd sure make helping them easier.

Seasonaleclipse

USA
Is he keeping his legs pulled in?
Do they seem "stuck"?
Or are they dangling?
You're relatively sure that neither of the other two...Or a rat....Or a dog has bitten his feet?
Tortoises don't really show signs of pain. If they did, it'd sure make helping them easier.
He seems to have a little bit more control over the front left leg, but the right leg seems to just be dangling...

Our yard is enclosed, and we dont have any dogs or rats here and I haven't seen any stray cats around either . There are no bite Mark's or wounds visible either