Sulcata = Personality Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuthieHurry

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston Area, Texas
I am now a gardener, so I can grow food for the torts.
I'm a horticulturist, in order to identify edible plants.
Definately a poopologist, as now I have a (to some) unhealthy interest in poop.
I'm an outdoors-woman, cuz that's where my baby loves to be.
I eschew television now, because I find TFO so much more interesting.
I AM the crazy person that people make fun of, cuz Franky has a facebook page.
And I'm definately the obnoxious Momma that posts, texts, emails pictures of her DARLING baby to all who will stand still long enough to look (and some who don't).

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
You and the thousands of others on this forum...well put!

RuthieHurry

5 Year Member
Houston Area, Texas
Anyone else experience a personality change? Or have anything to add?

I am ALSO the person who now knows how sharp every knife in the kitchen is, because I'm constantly chopping greens, cactus, aloe, etc! I need a slap-chop, stat!

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Wow, it sounded like you were talking about me with all of that. I'm looking arounds like who was following me around..... And a lot of people think I'm crazy for making a FB page for my tort, lol (as you can see in my sig)

Oh, and one of my changes is changing what I go shopping for and it turns out that 99% of the healthy food that I buy is for my tort :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yeah, all of that AND I can't drive by a piece of land without thinking how great of a tortoise enclosure I could make there. I can't drive by weed patches without wondering, hmmmm...

We're only scratching the surface here.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
I know right! My kids are now actively seeking out tortoise/turtle stuff like little statutes or jewelry. But they do sometimes laugh at me when I'm talking to my torts. They'll tease me "Mom....Its not like they understand you!" But I keep on talking anyway! You gotta love them! (kids and torts)!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I imagine this will be me soon enough, when I get my new tort. I'm definitely an indoors person at the moment. I'm a bit of a geek - give me a sofa or a bed and my laptop, and I'm happy - but I plan to spend every warm day outside with my tortoise next summer. I usually avoid the great outdoors in the summer, since I have a phobia of wasps, but I'll just have to get over it, I suppose!

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Bangkok
Too funny! And very true!

I like this point:
I AM the crazy person that people make fun of, cuz Franky has a facebook page.

I do think that some people exaggerate with this. :D Nothing wrong with it (besides being a little crazy wuahaha) but I have FB-friends that update pictures/videos with their tortoise every 3 hours. Although I do like to look at tortoise videos... I just can't follow up!

But niceley put, most points fit to me! I never thought I'd be on a forum more than watching TV ;) and I never thought I'd "like" any kind of poop. Haha.

But seriously, isn't tortoise poop just much more pleasant than any other kind of poop? I mean, it dries quickly and then just looks like bits and parts of dried grass. Not disgusting at all. That is, when the consistensy is good, of course and....

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Tom said:
Yeah, all of that AND I can't drive by a piece of land without thinking how great of a tortoise enclosure I could make there. I can't drive by weed patches without wondering, hmmmm...

We're only scratching the surface here.

Lol! That's me too Tom! I won't sell our home and buy our new 1 unless it has just the right kind of backyard for me to make an area for Cooper and any future loves of my life! :) love the torts!!!

RuthieHurry

5 Year Member
Houston Area, Texas
My husband and I go out for a nice quiet night, and spend the entire time making plans for tortoise enclosures and a greenhouse.
90% of conversations I start with him are about "The Babies".
I'm ADDICTED to "Food Face" pictures. As a matter of fact, I think I'll start a thread!

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Oh dear... There is no hope for me.
I already walk past grass/weeds etc and think "ooh... Squirt will like that!"

My auntie is a garden designer/horticulturalist and my nana loves gardening.
So now my auntie has a list of plants to find and grow and give my nana to grow :p Just for the tortoise.

My horses use to have facebook pages. xP

Status
Not open for further replies.