Sulcata Shell Help!

indigohorton

I just got my first hatchling sulcata. I'm not sure what this is on his shell but im very worried. Hes been eating good and active, his shell is just concerning me. If anyone should help tell me whats wrong much appreciated.

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).JPG
    photo 1 (1).JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 71
  • photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 70
  • photo 3 (1).JPG
    photo 3 (1).JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 67
  • photo 4 (1).JPG
    photo 4 (1).JPG
    14 KB · Views: 66
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 69

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
I really can't see anything on your tortoise's shell. There seems to be some thickening along the scute margins where new growth is coming in. Sometimes photos distort this so that I am not certain. It seems to me, and I am but a rookie, that it is a little thicker than I am used to seeing. Keeping your tortoise in a warm, humid habitat will help to ensure that the new growth is smooth as it should be.

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Humidity & calcium/ d3 are very important to healthy shell growth. I had a rescue that had neither while raised by others who recently had to be put to sleep because of complications of mbd. Super sad & i only mention to give you an idea of how important these things are in case you were just starting with tort care.
I'm sure an expert will weigh in with more info. If you haven't please read -
http://tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/

Sulcata care sheet on the sulcata header. Good luck!