Sulcata, white stuff in urine

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob morgan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bristol, England
Hello everyone,

Just to keep you up to date that mali & Chad are getting on perfectly well togeather and have got over there differences, but last time Chad passed urine there was a small amount of white stuff in it, i thought it might be down to dehydration but i bath him all the time!

Regards

Rob

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Hi Rob,
Those are urates and your tortoise should be passing them. :D The dehydration comes in with how the urates look. The should be like toothpaste, not grainy like sand.

Danny

rob morgan

5 Year Member
Bristol, England
egyptiandan said:
Hi Rob,
Those are urates and your tortoise should be passing them. :D The dehydration comes in with how the urates look. The should be like toothpaste, not grainy like sand.

Danny

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your reply, yes it's like toothpaste very thin.

Does this mean i dont need to worry?

Regards

Rob

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
no need to worry rob, mali will be doing the same thing, good signs of healthy torts and glad to hear they are getting along again, sure helps when you dont have to keep them separated and have to have 2 pens. smiles from spring & galileo

rob morgan

5 Year Member
Bristol, England
spring pace said:
no need to worry rob, mali will be doing the same thing, good signs of healthy torts and glad to hear they are getting along again, sure helps when you dont have to keep them separated and have to have 2 pens. smiles from spring & galileo

That’s good news, thank you.

You know what it’s like with reptiles, you do you’re very best to look after them but when something you don’t know about happens and you worry!

Well I do.
:rolleyes:

electricbluebird

5 Year Member
Yay! I am glad my Malcolm is normal. I just spent 5 minutes googling tortoise ejaculation wondering if this is what I had on my hands.... (not literally). He had a large pee today that was milky so I am assuming this is good.

I swear I do as much worrying about this tort as my two kids.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I actually will feel my tort's urates with my hand (then wash my hand and the water dish) to feel if they are gritty, any stones, etc. Milky is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.