Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tortoise Mommy

Your not a dork. They do have very cute faces. I still cant get over the fact that they are no bigger than a quater when they hatch, then before you know it they are 100lbs. But they still have that cute face.

Tegan said:
I can't wait to get some pics of my babies on here eather. They are sooooo cute and need to be showed off a little. lol..... I haven't gotten there new baby pics toghter yet. I did get the cutest video of them on my phone, they were fighting over a flower petal. I feel like such the big dork, but how can you not love those little faces looking at you!

Tortoise Mommy said:
Hello Tegan, Love to see pics of your babies.

T

Tortoise Mommy

hi.I have tried to put my pics up as well, still can figure that one out. If you figure it out let me know how you did it.

firewoman73 said:
Its not letting me put a picture of "her" up Ill try again later.

Tegan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hill Country, TX
Hello All, i put pics on today and they had to be under 5 MB per pic. i had to go into photo viewer and i just resized them untill they were under and then posted them. They are pics of the habitat i built for my hingback if you are intrested is seeing them look and the enclosures thread.
TTYL, Tegan

Tortoise Mommy said:
hi.I have tried to put my pics up as well, still can figure that one out. If you figure it out let me know how you did it.

firewoman73 said:
Its not letting me put a picture of "her" up Ill try again later.

T

TheSlowskis

Well i have a moveble pen for mine,and they say at least an acre per sulcata when they get bigger,i have two acres here for mine,but there not that big yet!,can you move your pen around in another area of your yard,so your grass can recoop?.
[/quote]

I did have them in 2 large puppy pens that I would move around the property, but one of them found out how to topple it over and he went on a few little hikes! We found him every time, but the last time he went pretty far and we were afraid that we wouldn't find him. What type of moveable pen do you have?

c_pierce705

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Madcity, WI
hulbertzoo said:
This is so great to talk with other Sulcata lovers. I have a guy who's approx. 3yrs old and his name is Big Mac! These guys are so cool! Such personality! As far as the pen recoperating, I agree, if you can just move it. We have a huge fenced in yard and Mac has free run of it but in the winter he's stuck in the house. Oh by the way, does anyone know of a rescue tortoise place in Michigan? I would really like to help another one of these guys .

I am in WI and looking to rehome my sulcata.....he is also a rescue

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
c_pierce705 said:
hulbertzoo said:
This is so great to talk with other Sulcata lovers. I have a guy who's approx. 3yrs old and his name is Big Mac! These guys are so cool! Such personality! As far as the pen recoperating, I agree, if you can just move it. We have a huge fenced in yard and Mac has free run of it but in the winter he's stuck in the house. Oh by the way, does anyone know of a rescue tortoise place in Michigan? I would really like to help another one of these guys .

I am in WI and looking to rehome my sulcata.....he is also a rescue

I live near Fond du lac, I can take the Sulcata in. You can email me at [email protected].

Z

zokie76

My sulcatas would probbly do the same thing, but i actuly feed my tanks tortise food.It looks a lot like dog food the company that puts out the food is Mazuri its about $25.00 for a 25lb bag, last's about a month and the love it.So this might help her cravings for being a cat.

M

manebarnbrat67

Hi again! Thanks everyone for the info on the cat food. She won't (and hasn't) gotten anymore. But she circles the table it's on lol. I will probably get some of the tortoise pellets for her and give them to her once in a while. Maybe that will help. I gave bothe percy and the small totoise (Boxy) some prickly pear fruit and they went nuts over it. Anyone know of a rescue group for Sulcatas near or in Fresno, CA? would like to have another one.

Thanks Brat

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
manebarnbrat, check out http://www.tortoise.org/cen-val/ for the central valley chapter of the CA Tortoise and Turtle Club. they meet right in fresno and probably come across lots of sulcatas that need new homes

Status
Not open for further replies.