SULCATAS: Climber & Jamie (PHOTO HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Well...these two turn three this week! They are the product of WC parents up here in Antelope Valley! Their mom is one of the largest I've seen...in person (well over 175 lbs)

As you can see, Climber appears to be heading in the GIANT direction...he's currently 15" and 16 lbs. His sister is more demure...she's 8" and 6 lbs.

The first shot will be of the two of them eating...check out the size difference!

2mcu0yb.jpg

Random Climber shots...

ixh3pl.jpg

9gvp8m.jpg

34zd9gy.jpg

51t1dh.jpg

2edtbtt.jpg

Jamie resting in her flower pot...

16kaukh.jpg

2dme9tu.jpg

20a8f2v.jpg

bgyyog.jpg

120jmlg.jpg

30lgepf.jpg

257d4zn.jpg

5k3o7p.jpg

5l4cxe.jpg

THE END!

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
Dean machine, thats incredible, Climber is HUGE!!! Its amazing to see how much of a difference In size. What do you attribute the size difference too? Great Job with both of them, they look great.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Adorable pics. Amazed at the size difference. I am curious too as to what you think would cause such a size difference.:)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I'm not afraid to admit it...and I've mentioned it in other posts...but Climber loves dog poop...specifically, my pug's! He will follow Max around and wait until he's done...and bam! Since I know my dogs get only the best, then why shouldn't my tortoises! BTW, Aladar is the ONLY one that doesn't partake ;)

stena29

5 Year Member
Porterville ca
DeanS said:
I'm not afraid to admit it...and I've mentioned it in other posts...but Climber loves dog poop...specifically, my pug's! He will follow Max around and wait until he's done...and bam! Since I know my dogs get only the best, then why shouldn't my tortoises! BTW, Aladar is the ONLY one that doesn't partake ;)

my sulcatas try to eat poo too....not sure if i should let them or not...lol...seems pretty gross...lol but i guess if he likes it and its not bad for him why not?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
They are great looking,the first pic is a great reference pic when someone wants to know how fast a sulcata will grow, I have 5 dogs and Walker has never shown an interest in dog poo,darn it.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Len said:
They are great looking,the first pic is a great reference pic when someone wants to know how fast a sulcata will grow

Thanks Len! I was just looking at my archives...and they were 4 weeks old when I got them...and that was September 26, 2009.

So, I must correct myself! They actually won't be 3 for another 2 weeks or so!:D

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
They are brother and sister!

Q'sTortie

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
The size difference is amazing! Climber definitely got the size gene. I love your pictures, they are soooo cute!! :D

Kenazfehu

5 Year Member
Puget Sound
The size difference is amazing! I think I've got a non-giant, too. He's between 3 and 4 years old, 10 inches, 7-1/2 pounds. I hope he stays petite!

P.S. - I nearly break my neck trying to keep mine from eating the dog poo. It can't be good for him; dog diet is much higher in protein than the tortoise needs.

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
The dog poop thing is very interesting, just out of curiousity do you ever get a fecal done to check for parasites?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Yes...and no unwanted guests...AT ALL!

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I, also love all of your pics, they are so cute. It is incredible that they are the same age because Climber is so much bigger!:) Congrats on your beautiful torts.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
You got some really great pictures there!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.