sulcuta solitary animals or do they reguire a mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
cape canaveral/cocoa beach florida
hello my name is tim.I am a proud parent to a spur thigh tortoise named clark.Clark is a lively tortoise and seems fine at times keeping himself entertained for the most part.At times wonder if he gets lonely while im at work.My question today that i ask is do spur thigh do well being the only?should i look into adopting and would this make my turtle feel less alone.If i do adopt another tortoise what species would clark mend best with?I cant afford a second spur thigh so exclude that one please leave me ur thoughts they would be much welcomed

B

Bansh88

Different species shouldn't be housed together. Though, I have heard that Sulcatas and Leopard Tortoises do well together.
Most Tortoises (and reptiles in general) are not social animals. At best, they wont mind each other and just be neutral of each other. At worst, they could fight and injure each other.
I have 2 Sulcatas that have together since their frist months. they do well together.
My 2 Hermanns that I recieved together did well for about 2 years but have since turned hostile. I house them seperately.

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Coventry, England
No tortoise needs a mate, as they are not animals that get lonely.

No species should be mixed at all, which means no sully and no leopard together.

Status
Not open for further replies.