Sully passed

Chubbs the tegu

Location (City and/or State)
Ma
Hi guys, my lil baby sully passed the other day almost out of no where. Ive done everything right and am just so pissed and upset. He just started getting really lethargic and not eating much last week and then i found him lifeless the other day. I read a post by tom about dry start by the breeder and it sounded exactly what i went through.. not gaining much weight since i got him and stalled out at 50 grams. So all you newbies out there like me.. be careful who you buy your torts from :( i wont make the same mistake again. Thanks for all your great knowledge guys. P.s.. if anybody knows of a reputable breeder im all ears.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Yeah.. just sucks. I went against my better judgement buying from a pet store

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Not saying all pet stores are bad.. the rabbit pellet thing Should of told me not to, but i couldnt resist smh

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Sorry to hear about your buddy. Don't let it discourage you.
Thanks.. for the short time i had him i realized how much personality a tortoise can have..which surprised me. Ill definitely will find another lil buddy in the future and be sure from a reputable breeder.

benmickley

Illinois
I lost one a few months ago too. It sucks! Side note though, check out the kamp kenan store. I’d trust any tort from him

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I might look into ballands tortoise ranch who have richard fifes ivory breeding stock. Anyone here have any experience with them?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings. Really sorry to hear about the loss of your Sully. I know i would be devastated as well.

Ours is going on 5 years now, maybe 6. Weighs about 80 lbs and is like a bull dozer - got her as a hatchling from @Lancecham in California. Reach out to Lance and see if he has any.

Best of luck.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
So sorry for your loss. I'm glad you're not going to let it turn you away from tortoise keeping though.

Have you considered adopting an older sulcata at all?

Lime pickle

London. Uk
So sorry for your loss . I rescued all of my tortoises through my local vets who knew people who didn’t want them anymore . So this way you know you will be getting healthy tortoise rather than buying them from a store.

Terrapin 3

Surprise
Sorry for your loss :( . Pratt's Pets might be a good place to find some healthy young Sulcatas.