Summer Stars

peanutmom

5 Year Member
My Burmese Stars usually lay in winter. For some reason they decided to lay in summer this year too. I'm not going to complain! :)

For those who don't know, this species is functionally extinct. They are not "endangered". They are EXTINCT in the wild. What we breed in captivity is all that is left of this species. Lucky for the species, they are super hardy, easy to raise and care for, absolutely gorgeous, and super friendly and outgoing. They are an ideal species for a pet. They don't get huge, they are not destructive, they have no special diet requirements... These traits should ensure their survival for a long time to come.

I didn't know if eggs laid in hot weather would hatch or not. Now I know:
View attachment 312198View attachment 312199View attachment 312200

These are two different clutches from two different females. They started pipping last night. More pic to come!
What price range do you sell them for?

Sue Ann

Location (City and/or State)
chapin , South Carolina
My Burmese Stars usually lay in winter. For some reason they decided to lay in summer this year too. I'm not going to complain! :)

For those who don't know, this species is functionally extinct. They are not "endangered". They are EXTINCT in the wild. What we breed in captivity is all that is left of this species. Lucky for the species, they are super hardy, easy to raise and care for, absolutely gorgeous, and super friendly and outgoing. They are an ideal species for a pet. They don't get huge, they are not destructive, they have no special diet requirements... These traits should ensure their survival for a long time to come.

These are two different clutches from two different females. They started pipping last night. More pic to come!
How wonderful! They are gorgeous

AZGirl

Arizona

How awesome! The eggs look big. Are they abt size of chicken egg? Thanks for sharing!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
What a beautiful little bunch of babies! I'm so glad people like you are helping all that you can. I'm sure there's a special blessing on the people trying to help the Lord's animals.?

WNash

Litchfield Park, AZ

Nice!!!, put me on the list when they are ready!!!