Summer time is a season for Avocados in P.R. Can I feed some to My Sulcata's?

Orlando Roman

Location (City and/or State)
Hatillo,Puerto Rico
Okay, I have huge avocados in My farm every year but never have tried to feed any to my Sulcata's is't okay to give them some every now and then? One of my tree gives out close to 800 avocados per season,weighting around 3 pounds ea, lots of them goes to waste , it would be a nice food source if I can use it.

Attachments

• tn0000.jpg
    tn0000.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 11

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
The flesh itself should be fine in moderation. Avoid pits and peel.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I'd peel it too, and only give him a little... I know avocado is a major nono to many omnivorous lizards like beardies!
I can't imagine it'd be incredibly nutritious for him, but as a treat might be nice.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

Orlando Roman

Hatillo,Puerto Rico
I know about the nutrition values of avocado's in human's but never heard or read about feeding it to reptiles and or if there is problem with it, My chickens love it,My dogs love it . I love it, so , guess I'm going have to experiment on Sulcata's! I don't think it's going to be harmful to them after all is consider more like a vegetable not a sweet fruit, if you all know what I mean. My Sulcata's enjoy having banana peel's every now and then but don't seem to care much for the leaf, pumpkin are abundant also and they love it . I guess I'd be saving some$!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I know about the nutrition values of avocado's in human's but never heard or read about feeding it to reptiles and or if there is problem with it, My chickens love it,My dogs love it . I love it, so , guess I'm going have to experiment on Sulcata's! I don't think it's going to be harmful to them after all is consider more like a vegetable not a sweet fruit, if you all know what I mean. My Sulcata's enjoy having banana peel's every now and then but don't seem to care much for the leaf, pumpkin are abundant also and they love it . I guess I'd be saving some$!

I personally do not see anything wrong with offering some up as an occasional treat....nothing wrong at all....but just the avocado flesh, avoiding the plant itself..avoiding of course the skin and the pit alltogether.....