Suncast Shed

123kid

5 Year Member
I'm thinking of buying the shed in the link below for my 2 sulcatas. I plan on cutting holes in each of the doors and dividing the shed in two. I have ample space for them to roam. This is just going to be a place for them to sleep at night. For heating, I have a heat mat for each which I'll use when it gets colder. Any thoughts on whether this is a good enough idea for a setup? Thanks.

https://www.suncast.com/bms4700.html

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I had considered one like this when I was rebuilding Dudley's shed. I think it would need a bit more insulation, but other than that, it's a good shed for a night house.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm thinking of buying the shed in the link below for my 2 sulcatas. I plan on cutting holes in each of the doors and dividing the shed in two. I have ample space for them to roam. This is just going to be a place for them to sleep at night. For heating, I have a heat mat for each which I'll use when it gets colder. Any thoughts on whether this is a good enough idea for a setup? Thanks.

https://www.suncast.com/bms4700.html
I don't know that particular shed but we have similar here in the UK. If its just single skin plastic you may find you need to insulate it for the winter. Depends where you are and your temps I suppose. I'm sure others with more experience of similar will jump in with ideas soon. Is there anything about them in the Enclosures thread?

123kid

5 Year Member
Thank you for your replies. Ideally I would love to have something like Tom's night box everyone here is talking about but I don't the time and or skill to put something like that together. Snapping together this shed, cutting out two holes, and even having to insulate this would be a much easier option. I'm in so cal where it rarely drops below 50 so I can probably half-*** the insulation part.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thank you for your replies. Ideally I would love to have something like Tom's night box everyone here is talking about but I don't the time and or skill to put something like that together. Snapping together this shed, cutting out two holes, and even having to insulate this would be a much easier option. I'm in so cal where it rarely drops below 50 so I can probably half-*** the insulation part.
Yes Toms night box is brilliant.
Not too bad where you are then, although insulation and thermostats would probably mean cheaper elec bills for you.