Super ticked! Missing Tort..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Ok agape my original leopard tort went missing today. It was in its enclosure all day and I last saw it at 5. Around 8 when I was going to bring them all in I saw one of my other leopards in the cherry head enclosure. I thought that was weird. I picked them all up but couldn't find agape. I searched and searched and literally destroyed my outdoor enclosure looking for him. Hawk? Escaped? I really don't know. All my search efforts were done late at night. Still can't find it. I'm going to wake up early to look again but again I'm really ticked!

-Drew

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
RE: Super ticked!

How did the other leopard get in the cherry enclosure? No chance of him burrowing? I hope he turns up, maybe he's tucked in for the night and will show first thing. I know a lot of folks suggest putting strawberries etc out for them to see and possibly go to.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA

Masin said:
How did the other leopard get in the cherry enclosure? No chance of him burrowing? I hope he turns up, maybe he's tucked in for the night and will show first thing. I know a lot of folks suggest putting strawberries etc out for them to see and possibly go to.

Honestly I really don't know how it got there. Burrowed maybe. I thought I dug deep enough. I didn't see a hole though

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida

Hopefully they both just burrowed. Can't imagine the stress. Breathe and keep us posted!

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I doubt a bird got in there or there would be some signs that it broke in. I would make sure to check every last inch of substrate to find the lil guy because he is probably burrowed somewhere. Keep us posted!

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
chase thorn said:
Not to make anything worse... but could someone maybe have stole him??

Anything could happen but why that one? I have more tortoises in those enclosure worth way more than him.

-Drew

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
if one of the other leopards was in a different enclosure, did you find where it entered/left? you'll find him...

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
pdrobber said:
if one of the other leopards was in a different enclosure, did you find where it entered/left? you'll find him...

I agree, if you found another in a different enclosure, you must have a weak point where they can get out:(. Try putting something tasty out, maybe he'll come around. Good luck!

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Oh, NO! How big is the one that went missing? Keep looking!!!

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
shellysmom said:
Oh, NO! How big is the one that went missing? Keep looking!!!

Less than 3 inches. I hope I find him! Btw I received the food last night! Thank you!!! You are awesome :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sounds like birds to me. Did you have a cover over the pen? A bird might pick up a baby tortoise and drop him accidentally in the other pen, then go back and try again, this time succeeding in taking away the tortoise.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This is terrible. So hoping you find him. Please keep us posted. Good luck, fingers crossed.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
emysemys said:
Sounds like birds to me. Did you have a cover over the pen? A bird might pick up a baby tortoise and drop him accidentally in the other pen, then go back and try again, this time succeeding in taking away the tortoise.

It can't be cuz we have a green net cover over both

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
then human or he climbed out. how tall are the sides and do you have things up against the sides to make it easier?
or sneaky dog? squirrle?

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Laura said:
then human or he climbed out. how tall are the sides and do you have things up against the sides to make it easier?
or sneaky dog? squirrle?

Can't be a dog. None nearby. Human? Possible I guess. Squirrel? Never thought of that. Well I looked again during my lunch break and still no luck. I'm just keeping all of them indoors for now. My whole outdoor enclosure is destroyed. I'll make a new maximum security outdoor enclosure soon.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
After looking at all the details, I think a golfer took agape. Before I left yesterday, all my torts were asleep in hiding spots except agape. Agape was wandering around. There was a golf ball that landed very near my backyard (we have a exclusive golf course my backyard is facing). I have a hunch that a golfer took him. There was really no way it could of gotten out of the enclosure. The weak spot was a burrow that made it only to the Cherry head enclosure. U removed all the top soil and coconut coir so he wasn't buried. I'm guessing someone or something took him. Still frustrated but that is life. I'll keep a lookout and I'm going to make the outdoor enclosure next to the fence a garden. I'm going to just make a big tortoise table in the back for my outdoor enclosure. Here is my update TFO members!

Status
Not open for further replies.