Supplies for a cheap outdoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheldon the russian tortoise

5 Year Member
I want to build an outdoor enclosure that is reliable because i love my tortoise but i also want it to be cheap (im poor) lol so any ideas

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Cinder blocks are cheap.

How about scrap lumber from a construction site?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Do you have a Freecycle in your area? It's like Craig's list, but free stuff? You would be amazed at items folks will give you if you ask for it.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Habitat for Humanity has what they call "ReStore" ... oh.mi.gosh ... I hope your area has one. J'adore ReStore! They get a lot of things, complete kitchens, designer furniture, bolts of upholstery fabric, oops paint, discontinued items from big box stores and items from deconstruction is one of those. Last weekend, our ReStore had old blocks for 25 and 50 cents each. Look for a ReStore or something similar. Also, when people tear out their concrete, or city's remove sidewalks. You can make a very cool habitat with broken concrete pieces stacked up. You may have to buy the lips at Home Depot but broken concrete is usually FREE for the taking. Where there's a will, there's a way. Check craigslist, too. Free section and farm and garden sections. Woo yaaa!

Status
Not open for further replies.