Survival blanket

lunacris

Location (City and/or State)
New Orleans, LA
I was going through my hunting bag last night, changing out supplies for summer needs and I came across my survival pack. Inside those packs are survival blankets. I thought that it might make a good material for closing off the top of my tanks that I keep my tortoises in, its made to keep heat in, thin, easy to cut and very inexpensive. Well, after one day I’m extremely happy with the results, it’s working just as I had hoped. Just thought I would put this out there for everyone.

Link for the blanket:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FNQ7A4/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Pics of the tank
786875EF-8E10-4D5E-9F7C-5A7C2D5A4773.jpeg
94E625AB-659C-452D-8ED4-0D86BEB987A1.jpeg

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
I just went and bought one yesterday and will be testing it out today while I can monitor everything closely. Glad to see someone else has done it with success.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
We’ve been using the survival blanket all day. The Che barely came on at all. The humidity stayed in the 80s and 90s. I’m so glad I thought to get one. It has greatly improved my enclosure.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
We’ve been using the survival blanket all day. The Che barely came on at all. The humidity stayed in the 80s and 90s. I’m so glad I thought to get one. It has greatly improved my enclosure.
Thanks for sharing! Any pics of what the setup looks like?