Swelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Well none of the neighbors are claiming the Russian that was found in the driveway so I have started calling her Matillda. I have noticed lately that one of her legs seem puffy or swollen could this be kidneys? Or would she be swollen all over? I thought at first she might have gotten stung by a bee but its not going away after a few days so now I'm worried. This morning she had a long stringy thing hanging from her butt that might be a worm, so she is probably loaded with worms. Could be grass but doesn't look like it. I bagged it and will take it to the vets with me; she has an appointment today. She has had runny poop two. I thought maybe because I was giving her a strawberry to often, but might be related to the swelling? Thanks for any info.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I doubt it would be kidneys, as I think that would effect swelling in both rear legs. Might have been some sort of sprain or injury.

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Thanks Yvonne, I forgot to mention it is a front leg. The vet took a sample of it and said it was just a cyst and nothing bad in it to just leave it alone. If it gets too big she will drain it. She did have two different kinds of worms trematode and coccidia so she is getting two different meds. She got her beck trimmed and it looks great now, but she did not like it one bit. The vet kept going on and on how beautiful she is and how big. She said Matillda is the biggest Russian she's seen. Her weight is 870 grams. She also said she is the healthiest one she's seen, usually they’re very lethargic and sick by the time she sees them. Matillda is very active sticks her head right out and lets you pet her, she doesn’t seem to be afraid at all. Well I'm glad it went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.