Swollen Eye

Nemz

The eye seems to be healing really nice. It looks a lot better than yesterday. Thanks a million to all of you! :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Good news. It's better to worry than the alternative - not caring.
Your avatar shows a very unusual looking tortoise.
What species?

Nemz

Ah, my bad. It's the first picture I came through in my computer, as I wanted to look for any piece of advice as fast as I could. You could say it's a sort of feathery evolution. Changing it as I post this reply :)

Nemz

I've got some.. strange news. After a nap, whenever she wakes up, her eye seems quite normal - it's not swollen anymore, it looks healthy again. The strange thing is that given a minute or so, it gets all swollen up again. I''m still using saline solution and that antibiotic 3 times per day, but I find this a bit strange. Anybody knows why this is happening? Shouldn't the eye look the same while she's sleeping?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Ah, my bad. It's the first picture I came through in my computer, as I wanted to look for any piece of advice as fast as I could. You could say it's a sort of feathery evolution. Changing it as I post this reply :)
Lovely.
Not that I dislike birds, mind you.
Regarding the sleeping, maybe the relaxed muscles? Opening the eye causes irritation somehow?
Heavens, I'm only guessing, it's an odd one.

Nemz

I truly appreciate every answer. Thank you very much.

Last edited: