Table Vs Viv

Tortoise213

Location (City and/or State)
Eastbourne
I currently have my russian tort in a ViV as I currently don't have a garden I am away a lot have someone to pop in feed lights ect. I wanted to buy a tortoise table as heard it was better but didn't know if he could crawl out?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
How old roughly is the tortoise? Is it a baby? If so he needs to remain in a closed chamber set up for roughly 3 years or so.

Please check out this thread I made, it covers correct equipment, levels, appropriately maintaining humidity, there’s lots of visual examples for everything and a good diet link to check out!

This one will also be good to familiarise yourself with, it will help you avoid the wrong bulbs, substrates, housing etc, please feel free to double check purchases on here too!

Hope this helps! More questions are welcome🐢💚

Tortoise213

Eastbourne
How old roughly is the tortoise? Is it a baby? If so he needs to remain in a closed chamber set up for roughly 3 years or so.

Please check out this thread I made, it covers correct equipment, levels, appropriately maintaining humidity, there’s lots of visual examples for everything and a good diet link to check out!

This one will also be good to familiarise yourself with, it will help you avoid the wrong bulbs, substrates, housing etc, please feel free to double check purchases on here too!

Hope this helps! More questions are welcome🐢💚
Hia thank you so much he is roughly 3 years old I got him January 13ths 2024 when his old owners could no longer care for him 🩵🐢

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hia thank you so much he is roughly 3 years old I got him January 13ths 2024 when his old owners could no longer care for him 🩵🐢
Cute!! So nice of you to take him in! In that case, an open top will be fine!😊give this one a read instead🐢💚

Tortoise213

Eastbourne
Cute!! So nice of you to take him in! In that case, an open top will be fine!😊give this one a read instead🐢💚
Ah don't no what I'd do without him🥰 Brilliant thank you 😊🩵🐢