Taking baby sully outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Year Member
Hi I have a baby sully and I take him outside 3 times a week. And I was wondering if that's good? Plz message back

chadk

10 Year Member!
How old is it? How long is it out? What are the temps? What is he put in while out? How is he kept indoors?

Neep more input :)

5 Year Member
Um idk really how old. I think maybe 6-7 months. Um he's out for about 10min to an hour depending on how busy I am. For temps do you mean inside or out? And while he's outside he's either in the yard and I'm watching him or in a tub that has sand and bark in it. And inside he is in a terrium filled with like bedabeast and bark but Iam going to build him a new indoor enclosure this week

M

Maggie Cummings

Your baby needs as much outside time in the sun as you can give him. If you are leaving him alone out there make sure he has shade he can go to and a hide he can retreat to...sun is always good for a Sulcata...

5 Year Member
Oh yea I have a wooden plank that I put over half the tub and when he's in the grass he just goes up against the wall in the share

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Hi, I take my baby Sully out everyday as weather permits. I live in Oregon so he won't be able to go out soon it will be to cold so were taking advantage of this warm weather. I take him out as soon as its a little above 70 in the shade. I have a large rabbit cage I set in the grass he gets around in it good and munches on the grass off and on all day. I also have a dog fence around the rabbit cage so none of my little dogs will bug him. and a big flat slate rock for him to get on and water to drink. I lay two flat stepping stones on top for shade. I have a lot of hawks around here so I like him fully inclosed and safe. I think he really looks forward to going outside. I'm going to set up a kitty pool for him to exercise in the winter and see if I can grow some weeds and grass in it. There's nothing like real sunshine!

Status
Not open for further replies.