Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
So I went to my first CTTC meeting last week and noticed something unusual - Everyone had tattoos (well not everyone, but I saw a whole lot of tattoos :p) So I'm curious, are tortoise folks more tattooed than non-tort folks.

Do you have a tattoo or other body art? If so, what kind? Pics?

Personally, I love body art. I currently have one tattoo and twelve piercings. My tattoo is a celtic bird-in-flight on my back.
311427_2421725097328_1221336369_n.jpg

I'd love to get a tortoise tattoo at some point...

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
I have four tattoo, and still have plans to get more, all the tattoo I can hide if need to for jobs. I do have one piercing but I don't count that cause I was a baby when I got it. lol

My four tat's are one: Sun and moon, Eye of horus, and two Harry Potter.

ami tat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Lilithlee said:
I have four tattoo, and still have plans to get more, all the tattoo I can hide if need to for jobs. I do have one piercing but I don't count that cause I was a baby when I got it. lol

My four tat's are one: Sun and moon, Eye of horus, and two Harry Potter.

Haha! I love your quote! Great movie. :D

Joiner

5 Year Member
I have a few pieces. An moth orchid on my back (my first), my half sleeve of various favorite flowers, most were my own sketches. My biggest piece is a peacock ( I drew it too ) that stretches from my right knee down to my toes. I recently got started on my left arm, black and white rose, black and white Lilly of the valley and a colorful monarch butterfly. I'm a test subject now my my tattoo artist.:)

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
I have a sentance onto both fore arms. Getting more soon. Something to show respect to our fallen.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I have 4 stand-alone tats and an "almost" sleeve (just needs the background done.)

This is a montage of my left arm ;) I drew/designed them myself.

466012_402762199747904_1069695763_o.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have one of my love of my life, best friend Chinese Shar-Pei, "Karashay" left back shoulder:)

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Yep love em I stopped counting ? I dont know I have alot :p They are so addicting :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have one on my left arm, it's a cute turtle my oldest daughter named Crusty.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I know many Who do not like them. But, I really enjoy tattoos and I currently have 5. I don't have pictures of all of mine, but here's a few.

Here is one of the outline of my latest tattoo as it was being filled in. I posted it because it shows the one on my chest as well.

image-2498585956.png

image-681707925.png

My next idea is to add Polynesian/Hawaiian tribal around my sea turtle and on my shoulder area.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Laurie said:
I just got back from tattoo shop! It was my first one, I'll post pics when I can take bandages off :(

Well congrats! Did you go by yourself or with others? Was this a spur of the moment thing or something you have wanted to do for a long time?

kurmaraja12

5 Year Member
Belleville, IL
I have one large lower back piece. Its the original painting that Led Zeppelin used for the Swan Song album. The painting is called Evening: the fall of day by William Rimmer. This is my only tattoo and i've had it for almost 2 years

Attachments

• 44923_1202007410974_5634821_n.jpg
    44923_1202007410974_5634821_n.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 58114_1201540439300_7348683_n.jpg
    58114_1201540439300_7348683_n.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 167778_1240276247671_2245010_n.jpg
    167778_1240276247671_2245010_n.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 30

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Kristina said:
I have 4 stand-alone tats and an "almost" sleeve (just needs the background done.)

This is a montage of my left arm ;) I drew/designed them myself.

466012_402762199747904_1069695763_o.jpg

Beautiful. I love the skull with the butterflies!

wellington said:
I have one of my love of my life, best friend Chinese Shar-Pei, "Karashay" left back shoulder:)

Awww!!! So sweet!

Jacqui said:
I have one on my left arm, it's a cute turtle my oldest daughter named Crusty.

Pictures?! :p

Laurie said:
I just got back from tattoo shop! It was my first one, I'll post pics when I can take bandages off :(

Yay, how exciting!!! Hope you're not in too much pain. What design did you get?

kurmaraja12 said:
I have one large lower back piece. Its the original painting that Led Zeppelin used for the Swan Song album. The painting is called Evening: the fall of day by William Rimmer. This is my only tattoo and i've had it for almost 2 years

I LOVE this! Gorgeous!

coreyc said:
Yep love em I stopped counting ? I dont know I have alot :p They are so addicting :D

Yes! The ink was barely applied before I started planning my second! :p
So addicting!

Joiner said:
I have a few pieces. An moth orchid on my back (my first), my half sleeve of various favorite flowers, most were my own sketches. My biggest piece is a peacock ( I drew it too ) that stretches from my right knee down to my toes. I recently got started on my left arm, black and white rose, black and white Lilly of the valley and a colorful monarch butterfly. I'm a test subject now my my tattoo artist.:)

Wow, you must be quite the artist!

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
Jacqui said:
Well congrats! Did you go by yourself or with others? Was this a spur of the moment thing or something you have wanted to do for a long time?

Thanks! I've wanted one for a long time. My friends and I have been talking about it for almost two years! I could just never narrow it down to what I wanted. I got a small tortoise and some flowers on my left ankle:)

I didn't expect to have it done so fast. I had drawn something and took it to the shop today, just happened they had an appointment available this afternoon! The girl redrew it much better than I had, lol. I went all by myself!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Blake m said:
I know many Who do not like them. But, I really enjoy tattoos and I currently have 5. I don't have pictures of all of mine, but here's a few.

Here is one of the outline of my latest tattoo as it was being filled in. I posted it because it shows the one on my chest as well.

View attachment 24800

View attachment 24801

My next idea is to add Polynesian/Hawaiian tribal around my sea turtle and on my shoulder area.

The turtle is beautiful!
I'm considering getting a sea turtle with habiscus flowers, so kinda along the same Hawaiin theme.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Now that is a nice one! I had wanted one for years and some how we were in Lincoln (my two girls and me) and got talking about tats. We all wanted one, so I said let's go do it. It took me forever to find one I liked in their books, but I did and then I swallowed my fears and got it. It helped that my oldest daughter went first. My youngest one backed out, since she could not find a design she liked (a fairy), plus she found out how much time and cost would be involved. She still has not gotten one, while the oldest now has two of them.

I was raised in a family heavily against tats. Fact was we all kept our mouths shut about getting them, until at Christmas my sister found out the daughter had one. She started to raise holy hell, until I lifted my shirt sleeve to show her mine. Sorta quieted her down. :D My children say my tat really does not count, since a t-shirt sleeve covers it almost all the time. Still I know it's there and that's what counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.