Tecoma capensis for a leopard?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
The leaves look right, but the variety we have over here has red flowers.

There are roughly 3000 different plant and succulent species in the American SouthWest. There are more than 22,000 in South Africa. Let that math sink in for a minute...

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
The Cape Honeysuckle has several cultivars with flower colors ranging from yellow, apricot, orange, and red

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Found this on the internet, so it seems fine, the leaves seem a bit spread out, but I do think it is cape honeysuckle

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Hmm, I did not realize this plant was related to the Tacoma Stans in my yard, which I have never seen spelled with an "e" rather than an "a." They look very similar but I've always thought they weren't related.

Tacoma Stans, at least, is a native food for Western U.S. desert tortoises. It's well loved by my Russian and fed by a fair number of owners.

More importantly than anything I know is that Cape Honeysuckle has been judged safe by one of our most knowledgeable plant experts; if not the most knowledgeable: https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threa...t-it-is-cape-honeysuckle.122487/#post-1131864. And fed by one of our most experienced breeders, Tom.