Temp. Inside Sulcata Outside Igloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

aka2tal

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have a Tortoise Igloo (XLG Dog Igloo) house for my Sulcatas. The heat emitter is connected to a temp. controller to regulate the temp in the Tortoise Igloo. I am currently keeping the temp. inside the igloo at 67-72 Degrees. Is this the right temp. or should I increase it some. Anybody have any thoughts on the temp I should keep in the house? If yours our in outside enclosures, I am interested to know what temp you keep in the house.

We have a Oregon Scientific wireless temp reader in the Igloo, so from the house we can monitor the temp the Sulcata have in their house.

David - Los Angeles

maxy555

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I live in Florida, I have a rubbermaid shed set up for my Sulcata. I keep it daytime 75 and nightime around 70.,on the thermostat. it seems to be fine for him. I have hay in there for him to burrow in also.

aka2tal

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
The inside of ours has Bermuda grass. I am finding that the temp. during the day is getting up to 90-95. Not sure on how to keep it from getting soo hot unless I install central air.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
hey david, i live in LA too. i know during the day it can get pretty hot somedays even during the winter, but the key is not to let it get to cold at night.

i keep my dog house for my 70 lb sulcata at around 85. you should try to use cermaic bulbs or pig blankets. if it get to warm at night, then just put the pads or lights on timers to only go on at night.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Pig blankets are not recommended for Torts under 20lbs from what I have heard. Just a small note. :)

aka2tal

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Tonight we are having rain, and it is 54 degrees. The temp in the Tort house is 66, and I have a 150 W Ceraminc Heater on. It is just not enough to keep the house any warmer. I need to find a plan B to get their house warmer.

maxy555

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
You might need to upgrade to a small rubbermaid shed with an oil electric heater on a thermostat. Those ceramic ones dont make the grade outside sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.