Temperature

Dankneepowpow

Location (City and/or State)
Honolulu
83 degrees day and night sounds really good to me. I aim to keep my enclosure between 80-86 at all times with my humidity at +80% at all times. I’ve read a few caresheets that say Redfoots can handle night time lows of 70 or even 60 degrees F, but I ignore those care sheets. I’m sure they can survive temps that low but I don’t think they can thrive in those temperatures. 80-86 seems like a good spot for my redfoot.

here is a caresheet that I follow and it’s been super helpful for me:

Good luck!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
83 degrees day and night sounds really good to me. I aim to keep my enclosure between 80-86 at all times with my humidity at +80% at all times. I’ve read a few caresheets that say Redfoots can handle night time lows of 70 or even 60 degrees F, but I ignore those care sheets. I’m sure they can survive temps that low but I don’t think they can thrive in those temperatures. 80-86 seems like a good spot for my redfoot.

here is a caresheet that I follow and it’s been super helpful for me:

Good luck!
They CAN survive lower temps for limited amounts of time. But if you can avoid it, why not avoid it?
You'll also avoid most of the complications and illnesses that come along with it.
They certainly are not happy at a lower (or a hotter) temperature. And as you say, they will not thrive.
If you can keep a temperature of 83 degrees day and night, you are doing better than most of us.
That's perfect!