Temperature ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Myrtle Beach SC
I just need to know at what temperature do I need to keep my Sulcata's outdoor shed at? Both a day time temperature and a night time temperature?
Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jessica:

I don't worry about temperature in the shed. The pig blankets and lights keep it plenty warm enough in there. I don't use any other heating source. Maggie's Bob shed is bigger than any of mine, and she uses a de Vilblis (spelling??) oil-filled electric heater in her shed in addition to the lights and pig blanket. I like the ambient temp inside the shed to be around 70-75, but the tortoises can get hotter than that by sitting under a light or on the heat pad.

I wouldn't want the night time temp to get much below 60 degrees, so you'll need to check that on the coldest nights.

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
emysemys said:
Hi Jessica:

I don't worry about temperature in the shed. The pig blankets and lights keep it plenty warm enough in there. I don't use any other heating source. Maggie's Bob shed is bigger than any of mine, and she uses a de Vilblis (spelling??) oil-filled electric heater in her shed in addition to the lights and pig blanket. I like the ambient temp inside the shed to be around 70-75, but the tortoises can get hotter than that by sitting under a light or on the heat pad.

I wouldn't want the night time temp to get much below 60 degrees, so you'll need to check that on the coldest nights.
Yvonne you are always so helpful. I have printed out your reply so that I can refer to it as a guideline.
Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.