tennessee owners

baldegale

i dont think there’s many of you here but im possibly looking for a new home for my redfoot, ive done a horrible job at taking care of him due to mental health and limitations of parents. it kills me that i even have to consider doing this but its whats best. im in central southern tennessee (lewisburg) and cant really drive anywhere so that limits me aswell.

DE42

I live in TN. About 5 hour from there as I am in the eastern tip.
Tell me a little about him and what's going on if you don't mind.

baldegale

I live in TN. About 5 hour from there as I am in the eastern tip.
Tell me a little about him and what's going on if you don't mind.

this isnt a definite thing but it is what im leaning towards. his skin is dry, and he has shell rot that ive been working on. i dont have proper enclosure sizes due to no longer being allowed to. hes in a 5’x2’ enclosure. hes about 5-6 years old and 6-7” big. his head is dry as is his neck. im trying to figure out an outdoor enclosure for this summer, if i cant then ill have to give him to someone.

DE42

this isnt a definite thing but it is what im leaning towards. his skin is dry, and he has shell rot that ive been working on. i dont have proper enclosure sizes due to no longer being allowed to. hes in a 5’x2’ enclosure. hes about 5-6 years old and 6-7” big. his head is dry as is his neck. im trying to figure out an outdoor enclosure for this summer, if i cant then ill have to give him to someone.
I am unfortunately inexperienced with torts. If he was not as bad I had been considering a redfoot as a first tort but with as much help as he needs I am afraid I am unsuited to take over if you decided to go that way. If it was only a time and space issue I may have been able to accommodate.

Try posting in your local Craigslist and see if there are people there with experience and may be able to help that may not be a member here.

There still may be more TN members here, I don't know everyone yet lol
So hold out and see is someone else chimes in as well.

I wish you and your tort the best of luck.

baldegale

I am unfortunately inexperienced with torts. If he was not as bad I had been considering a redfoot as a first tort but with as much help as he needs I am afraid I am unsuited to take over if you decided to go that way. If it was only a time and space issue I may have been able to accommodate.

Try posting in your local Craigslist and see if there are people there with experience and may be able to help that may not be a member here.

red foots are amazing, they just require a lot of space. i shouldve gotten a russian but i was 13 and didnt know anything. plus my mental health has gone to the toilet recently and its hindering my abilities to do a lot of remedial tasks such as even feeding. for a normal person they’re easy to care for minus the space

baldegale

also- i have checked craigslist and FB groups but nothing to do with tortoises really. theyre all snakes and lizards from what ive seen. i dont want him going to a worse home than me, thats all. kinda defeats the purpose