Terra is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterDB

5 Year Member
I got terra the tortoise today. At first she was quite lethargic as to be expected.
But good gracious after a few hours, this little one was on his own mission!! When he's in his enclosure he just sorta stays wherever I put him.. But when i took him outside, he was like a lightning bolt!! He was running around everywhere, he even started eating. It was the happiest little tort I've ever seen. Until of course he challenged my 5 pound white poodle... It walked right up to her and walked into her big poof of fur, and nearly scared my dog to death!! Now my dog is TERRIFIED of him. Even the slightest little movement and she freaks out.. Her ears pop in the air and she runs away at the speed of light.. I sure do hope my dog gets used to him..

image-2153637607.png

image-576431818.png

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Make sure you soak him. First thing that should be done after going through the shipping process. Even if purchased from a store, as most don't even give them water. I know you probably already know this too, but I will remind anyway. Dogs, no matter what, should never, ever be left unattended and closely watched with a tortoise. The tort will eventually get hurt or killed. Congrats btw on the little one.

WinterDB

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Make sure you soak him. First thing that should be done after going through the shipping process. Even if purchased from a store, as most don't even give them water. I know you probably already know this too, but I will remind anyway. Dogs, no matter what, should never, ever be left unattended and closely watched with a tortoise. The tort will eventually get hurt or killed. Congrats btw on the little one.

Thank you! And I did, he seemed to really enjoy the water, he hardly wanted to get out.. You're right, my dads a military working dog trainer so he thinks all rules apply to my tiny 5 pound poodle when he says its safe.. I still don't trust her alone with him. Even if she's afraid of everything, I worry that could result in violence..

tessacat1795

5 Year Member
My poodle is the same way. He runs away terrified every time Myrtle is within ten feet of him.

WinterDB

5 Year Member
tessacat1795 said:
My poodle is the same way. He runs away terrified every time Myrtle is within ten feet of him.

Lol! Glad I'm not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.