Terrapin roadkill how to remove eggs and incubate

Lizanne

Location (City and/or State)
Somers point NJ
Hi, I live near the bay in Somers Point NJ and I frequently stop cars to rescue terrapins that are crossing the road to lay their eggs. Yesterday I found a large terrapin roadkill.. as upsetting as it was to see I scooped up the remains and took down to the marshes. As I was cleaning up her remains ( shell broken and guts ) I saw what I thought could've been her eggs. What do they look like ? I wished I knew enough to take the eggs to the Wetlands Institute in Stone Harbor. Please advise!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hi, I live near the bay in Somers Point NJ and I frequently stop cars to rescue terrapins that are crossing the road to lay their eggs. Yesterday I found a large terrapin roadkill.. as upsetting as it was to see I scooped up the remains and took down to the marshes. As I was cleaning up her remains ( shell broken and guts ) I saw what I thought could've been her eggs. What do they look like ? I wished I knew enough to take the eggs to the Wetlands Institute in Stone Harbor. Please advise!

Try to get some pictures…..but, you could try & take the eggs to an area and dig a shallow depression & cover back up. A few ppl have had luck doing this - often times predators will find, but at least you gave it a good shot. Any idea what type of tortoise/turtle?

Lizanne

Somers point NJ
Try to get some pictures…..but, you could try & take the eggs to an area and dig a shallow depression & cover back up. A few ppl have had luck doing this - often times predators will find, but at least you gave it a good shot. Any idea what type of tortoise/turtle?
Frankly , I as a gruesome scene but I didn't d look