Terrarium LED UVB Hood?

P

pguinpro

Currently using clamp lamp and a deep dome with 100w uvb/uva bulb. I really want to go linear though because I feel like it will cover more ground. My only issue is with the price. Can I just get a florescent fixture and buy reptile bulbs?

Initially I was checking this out but whoa that price! Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Zoo Med ReptiSun LED UVB Hood, 36-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M4Q82BW/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Minority2

Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Hell
Currently using clamp lamp and a deep dome with 100w uvb/uva bulb. I really want to go linear though because I feel like it will cover more ground. My only issue is with the price. Can I just get a florescent fixture and buy reptile bulbs?

Yes. The majority pet-branded fixtures on the market are really just overpriced sub-par junk. I'm afraid I have far too many leftover T5 and T8 florescent tubes (I plan to use them all before converting) to give you a good recommendation on any particular LED models.

P

pguinpro

Yes. The majority pet-branded fixtures on the market are really just overpriced sub-par junk. I'm afraid I have far too many leftover T5 and T8 florescent tubes (I plan to use them all before converting) to give you a good recommendation on any particular LED models.
Kk well the substrate is about 11 inches down and the overall size is 55gal linear tub.