Terrarium things I should put in

JVBassin

Try coconut fiber for the little guys and put it everywhere about 2.5 inches deep. They'll love it!

KaitlinKeefe_

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Castleton, VT
looks much better! are you using your old food bowl as a water dish and feeding on a slate or something?

a couple of fake plants might be nice for him/her to hide in (i got mine a the dollar store lol)

whats your lighting situation?

Luis Taveras0

His tank is right next to a window that provides sunlight but the light is broken so I don't know right now

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Looking better but you still need some better substrate under that large coco husk. If you can't find any just send me a PM with your address and I would be happy to send you a bag to help you out. Make sure the food and water dishes get sunk down in that substrate. The lighting will be important but you need to go one step at a time.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Also, tip that hide on an angle down into the substrate so one end's opening is completely buried.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Don't know anything about box turtles. Except that I don't understand why they are called turtles and not tortoises! I seem to picture turtles being in water.

Anyway you will get great information on this site! Best of luck.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Luis:

I don't trust those lights. Some of our members use them, and have used them for quite a while with no problems, but others of us have seen animals with painful eyes when using those type of lights.

For box turtles I like to use a light like this one:

T-5 fluorescent bulb.jpg

And then for heat I use this:

ceramic heat emitter.jpg

Luis Taveras0

Changed it up a bit I got a background to cover the glass and changed the water dish is there anything else I should change

Attachments

• 20160829_201515.jpg
    20160829_201515.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 16