Terry the Turtle

gata

Location (City and/or State)
UK, London
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and new to being a tortoise owner.

We recently inherited this tortoise originally called Terrence and were told he was most likely a Horsfield. This cute and curious little guy soon became my little obsession, and after reading into it, I actually think he is a Hermann's Dalmation tortoise. Any suggestions and advice welcome!

He was a rescue so we aren't sure how old he is, family are saying about 10. He is definitely a cheeky boy because he exposed himself to me once which frankly, I found quite intimidating. We are very much enjoying having him as he is way more interactive and interesting than we expected. He has never been hibernated to our knowledge so I am planning a vet trip and hibernating him next Autumn. This forum has been very helpful and enjoyable to browse through so I am happy to join.

Thanks and greetings from basking Terry from London!

20231206_133118.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hi everyone,

We recently inherited this tortoise originally called Terrence and were told he was most likely a Horsfield. This cute and curious little guy soon became my little obsession, and after reading into it, I actually think he is a Hermann's Dalmation tortoise. Any suggestions and advice welcome!

He was a rescue so we aren't sure how old he is, family are saying about 10. He is definitely a cheeky boy because he exposed himself to me once which frankly, I found quite intimidating. We are very much enjoying having him as he is way more interactive and interesting than we expected. He has never been hibernated to our knowledge so I am planning a vet trip and hibernating him next Autumn. This forum has been very helpful and enjoyable to browse through so I am happy to join.

View attachment 364197
Welcome from Devon to you both.
I'm not knowledgable about different tortoise shells, but he certainly doesn't look like our 23 year old Hermann's. Our boy is an endless source of pleasure for us - and amusement - and sometimes anxiety too -!I wish you well, and am so glad he is going to have a happy future with you.
Angie

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's not a Russian that's for sure.
I don't know the difference between a Hermann and a dalmatian Hermann. Maybe @TeamZissou can help to ID

lord hesho

losiiwciw
Hi everyone,

View attachment 364197
hi and welcome after checking the difference of a few different pics of both Hermann and Dalmatian hermann it looks like a hermann but i am no expert

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
hi and welcome after checking the difference of a few different pics of both Hermann and Dalmatian hermann it looks like a hermann but i am no expert
Welcome to Forum, both of you, from the California Desert.