TFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Wow I haven't been on here in forever. Not too much has changed which is good in my opinion. I would just like to say how good this forum really is. I've been on a couple other forums and this one is the best by far. Replies are quick, accurate, and there's usually more than one person's opinion which helps. TFO is also a lot friendlier and seem like your actually talking in person compared to other places. That sounded really cheesy but I had to say it :p the app is also really nice and convenient and FREE :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thanks for the positive comments! I happen to think we have the sweetest, kindest, most generous group of folks around and they even know tortoises. :D Honestly, the members in here never fail to amaze and awe me.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I get your cheesy comment, I feel the same way lots of times. Just wish we all lived closer to each other. What a hoot that would be :D

robopeen

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
I'm still pretty new here, but I love it. So much good information and everyone is so helpful. I'm never afraid to ask questions because everyone is so cool. No crazy egos or elitism!

tortoise007

5 Year Member
Phoenix AZ aria
Yes... I hate to admit it (NOT)... but TFO... is the ABSOLUTE BEST!!!!!

No contest what so ever :D Oh,and I'm very proud to be called a member of the tortoise forum. :D

(one quick question: the smiles, did one of those other forums take the idea from us, or did we take it from them, or are they just normal on a lot of forums?)

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I think the smiles are being a part of many systems on the Internet.
I really have enjoyed the tortoise forum ever since I have joined in January of 2012. I can read something interesting everyday and be reminded of things that I should be doing! It's been a lot of fun being a part of this "family" as animal lovers.

Sulcata (Dexter)
Russian (Ezek)

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Totally. Totally chessy, LOL ... and totally TRUE. Love the information and education and the kindness and willingness to share for the greater good of tortoises everywhere. Plus, the pictures, oh the pictures of all the different tortoises. Too much fun. My crack of choice. (Yes, I just said that). : 0

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
The thing about "forums" is that unless smiles are used, it would be too easy to misunderstand what someone is saying. If someone says, "you're crazy," and it isn't backed by a smile with a tongue sticking out, then the other person may think you're insulting him/her. That's the way it is with texting, or posting. What I like about this forum is if there's a misunderstanding, people are quick to admit they didn't mean any harm or insult. Also, if our members make a mistake, it's not beneath them to apologize and admit they were wrong. That's what makes this forum the BEST!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I think "Smiles" (emoticons) are pretty universal on the internet and texted items...heck, I even used them back when the Internet was a bunch of BBS's (Bullitin Board System) on my Commadore, you just had to turn your head sideways to see them!

Status
Not open for further replies.