the boys are waking up....yay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
So I heard a rustling from their sleeping quarters yesterday...so last night I opened up the door to their room....which let's the warmer air from the main part of the house creep in and left it open all night....the temps this morning in their room was about 60-61° so I went and tended some domestic goddess duties and have peeked in on each of them with my handy dim light and each one was peeking up at me...so I have brought them in their sleeping boxes to the kitchen and lined em all up there to warm up a bit more and will let them set for a bit...then willing begin their soakings...then move em out to the front porch for a little shaded uv rays...when they move about then out to their yards for awhile.....it is not suppose to be freezing tonight or for the next week either so I will go from there.....first day all eyes appear clear...noses dry and no one feels light weight....and still some chunkiness around the arms and legs....will wait for second inspection once they are warmed up....here they are :D

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Thanks, me too :D

Well they all drank...ate a few bites and sunned themselves....the three boys are back out in their yards and the old man trucked around all over the porch and yard and then banged his horn on the front door so let him in and he high tailed it to the dog bed pad in front of the fireplace and has been there for the last couple hours....it is funny because last year when he was on house lock down healing from his abscess event he was allowed to run around the house to get exercise (not allowed outside for two weeks while wound healing so no flies would bug the wound) he would always end up in this same spot....lol...so he is snoozing for a bit longer then I will tuck him in for the night....he wore himself out waking up...lol

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
ascott said:
Thanks, me too :D

Well they all drank...ate a few bites and sunned themselves....the three boys are back out in their yards and the old man trucked around all over the porch and yard and then banged his horn on the front door so let him in and he high tailed it to the dog bed pad in front of the fireplace and has been there for the last couple hours....it is funny because last year when he was on house lock down healing from his abscess event he was allowed to run around the house to get exercise (not allowed outside for two weeks while wound healing so no flies would bug the wound) he would always end up in this same spot....lol...so he is snoozing for a bit longer then I will tuck him in for the night....he wore himself out waking up...lol

Thats pretty funny, sounds like they know where thet wanna be. Good looking torts, I grew up with CDT they are very cool

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
update....the guys were out soaking up the uv through the passing clouds....the old man whoofed down so much food after he laid out....the others were nibbling ---mostly interested in mucking about and sunning, all returned to their burrow and/or hides late afternoon to early evening...the old man crashed out again on the dog bed on his way to his bed....lol.

Tomorrow will be a blip in the weather later in the afternoon, likely will bring them in for the night as it may be cooler than what "I" want them in ----lol. After that the weather looks like mostly smooth sailing...YAY!!!!!

Okay, thanks for listening....just really happy to see their little butts :p

Status
Not open for further replies.