The Chelonian Life

River Turtle

Location (City and/or State)
South Central PA
Hello everyone!

I've been using this site for years to research other perspectives in tortoise husbandry, but finally decided to actually join :D

I'm finishing up grad school where I studied biology/ecology, specifically wildlife and even more specifically of the chelonian sort. I enjoy learning about the ecological requirements of turtles and tortoises just as much as captive keeping. With that being said, the species I keep currently are small enough not to take up too much room. (but some day I would like more species of course!)

Russian tortoises have been purchased as WC adults a reptile show since 2010 starting with Darwin (m), then Terralena (Lena)(f), Ada(f), Felix(m) and Rio a CB juv. (m?). I also own 3 young razorback musk turtles- (2012) Luksi, (2013) Switchblade and Meep. Just as of April, I've had my first clutch of eggs from Lena, there are 2 of them. I'm pretty certain she was mated with Felix, and even since then they have mated. I will definitely post pics of the eggs because, since it is all new to me, I am afraid I have had to treat it like an experiment. Hopefully you will all have some incite!

Finally, I know I will probably have questions, and I welcome others to ask me questions because I would like to network with other tortoise lovers and share ideas/methods as well! They really are amazing animals and they fascinate me!

River Turtle
(Mid-Atlantic US)1429711013609[1].jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Glad you finally decided to join. Lots of members willing to help.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, and a very warm welcome To Tortoise Forum to you and all your chelonians.
Share, contribute, and please ask any questions you may have.
Glad you're now 'officially' on board.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!