The Classic

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Sometimes, you just can't beat; The Classic

View attachment 342230

Coke and Vanilla ice cream.....
I always thought the root beer float was the classic. I found these today at the store and a float sounded good so I picked some up.. haven't fixed one yet because I forgot to get some vanilla ice cream before leaving the store.KIMG0627.JPG

Dragon

michagin
lol you sound like spike, a lot of times when he gos to the store for something he comes back with everything you can think except the one thing he went out to get! lol

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Don't feel bad.......most of can relate entering a room....for something? Just can't remember why we were going there in the first place.

Hey Dragon, where in Michigan? I was born in Ann Arbor and spent my childhood there.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I could do a black cherry New York seltzer with Turkey Hill vanilla ice cream... and I like some crushed ice in mine. I have a hammer 😉 anyway u have me hungry for a float 🤗 I'll put the root beer seltzer on the grocery list cause that sounds so good I think I'll have to do it a few times 😋

Dragon

michagin
they all sound good! but very fatting lol now my favorit mix with coke is wiskey lol I generally have 2 wiskeys and sodas (coke diet decaff) at night just before bed.... Id rather have regular coke...but you can only get the decaff if its diet.....sure wish theyd make plan old decaff coke...

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
If you're gonna use Coke for a float, you might as well add some peanuts

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
If you're gonna use Coke for a float, you might as well add some peanuts
They do have ice cream like that and chocolate chunks in it 🤣 I still have vanilla in the freezer darn you 😉tomorrow is grocery shopping day 😅 I'm intent on the bottled Root beer New York seltzer.😋

Dragon

michagin
ahh now how did you know i put penuts in my coke lol at least when we have some....penuts are one of those foods I have to be careful with.....they can trigger the migrains... but every now and then we get some....might have to ask spike to pick up a small bag for me sometime soon.....

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I couldn't find the New York seltzer root beer flavor but IBC has one that doesn't use corn syrup so a root beer float is on for dessert today.😋

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I clearly have missed out on this all my life (i'm in the uk, so perhaps that explains it) -what do you do - just put ice-cream on top of the fizzy drink - how much of each?
Angie
When I was just a teen back in the 60's, all my friends and I would gather in the local 5 and dime for a pop. You could also get a float and this is how they made it. In a tall glass they would put crushed ice in it with your coke or whatever pop you wanted. Coke, Pepsi, Root beer. You have to make sure there's enough room for your scoop or two of ice cold ice cream otherwise you'll have a volcano 😊 served with a tall spoon and a straw 😋

zolasmum

5 Year Member
When I was just a teen back in the 60's, all my friends and I would gather in the local 5 and dime for a pop. You could also get a float and this is how they made it. In a tall glass they would put crushed ice in it with your coke or whatever pop you wanted. Coke, Pepsi, Root beer. You have to make sure there's enough room for your scoop or two of ice cold ice cream otherwise you'll have a volcano 😊 served with a tall spoon and a straw 😋
Thanks for your reply - now I have to freeze some ice, find a long enough spoon. and a hammer - something to try next week,for sure !
Angie