THE NUT HOUSE

TurtzInMyYard

Location (City and/or State)
AL
You're right ? Joe is the collector and after awhile you don't have any room left and you gotta clean it too. Of course that job will be left to me. After awhile all the crap has to be boxed and then you just have boxes with pretty stuff in them that can't be seen. ?
My Dear, Cathie...what wisdom you tell. When I was a small, I lived next door to a retired couple. The lady of the house had a penchant for collecting figurines of dogs. Her modest home was probably built in the 1910's and boasted a multi-tiered, open shelved corner display located in the living room. I think it had five shelves. I remember there were medium height dogs on the top shelf and really tall dogs that sat on the floor, underneath the lowest shelf.

I was fascinated with them all! I visited on occasion, but at every visit, I always engaged my neighbor in conversation about her collection. She would always emphasize what a dusting challenge they all were. She had QUITE a collection. I love trinkets too but over recent years I have avoided 'collecting' any more stuff.
You're right ? Joe is the collector and after awhile you don't have any room left and you gotta clean it too. Of course that job will be left to me. After awhile all the crap has to be boxed and then you just have boxes with pretty stuff in them that can't be seen. ?

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
My Dear, Cathie...what wisdom you tell. When I was a small, I lived next door to a retired couple. The lady of the house had a penchant for collecting figurines of dogs. Her modest home was probably built in the 1910's and boasted a multi-tiered, open shelved corner display located in the living room. I think it had five shelves. I remember there were medium height dogs on the top shelf and really tall dogs that sat on the floor, underneath the lowest shelf.

I was fascinated with them all! I visited on occasion, but at every visit, I always engaged my neighbor in conversation about her collection. She would always emphasize what a dusting challenge they all were. She had QUITE a collection. I love trinkets too but over recent years I have avoided 'collecting' any more stuff.
Letʻs see what JanA has to say about collecting things.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Jayden and I had a play date last month and he dragged me in one.. I think the last time I did that was when Jess was little??

I also don’t visit the malls very often ?

Letʻs see what JanA has to say about collecting things.
LOL. After the last yr of packing, throwing out & moving from one state to another, cleaning out my father-in-law's home where they hadn't thrown ANYTHING out since the early '70s, I now have this to say about buying or collecting anything....if it collects dust, cat hair, insects, or if i can't eat it, wear it, use it or grow it, I don't buy it.

Hubby is another story. He brought a lot here so he can sort it. He gets this from his father obviously.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

If I knew then what I know now (as an adult)….
I would never have “collected” anything!
No where to put it
No chance of throwing it out…

Just all sits here and what I realize i do is….
I just “collect” DUST!!

Sick of cleaning every week..
Look like a hoarder..
If I ever start over somewhere else I promised myself my rooms would look
as follows :

Living room : couch ,2 chairs, table, lamp, pictures on walls.

Dining room: table and chairs, pictures on walls, chest of drawers for table cloths.

Bedroom : BED. Tv.

Bathroom : toilet, shower, sink.
(But to avoid cleaning it I would omit the toilet and just pee in the shower!!) ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
LOL. After the last yr of packing, throwing out & moving from one state to another, cleaning out my father-in-law's home where they hadn't thrown ANYTHING out since the early '70s, I now have this to say about buying or collecting anything....if it collects dust, cat hair, insects, or if i can't eat it, wear it, use it or grow it, I don't buy it.

Hubby is another story. He brought a lot here so he can sort it. He gets this from his father obviously.

Call the “American Pickers” next time!
You could have made money with early 70s stuff!!!