The pet store abuse

Lovechell69

Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
I was given a baby one year old sulcata as a gift from my wife who purchased it not knowing from safari pets store. She was actually a hatchling or close to it with the umbilica still there. Her enclosure did not have proper lighting heating substrate and food. Her substrate was reptile carpet because they said they didn’t want to clean a mess. They said she ate cabbage and lettuce. She was sick already but it wasn’t evident until a little over two weeks. Open mouth breathing and not wanting to eat. I had a emergency need for a basking bulb because I thought I had one more backup and didn’t. I went there to get the bulb and I wanted to take ever exotic out of there. The BBB won’t let you file a complaint because they aren’t human. I emailed the owner. And the reply was sickening with a support your local business. First I found them on Facebook and I found out they are corporate not local. The people reviewing on Facebook at this store alone were saying they didn’t have time in their 14 day health warranty ( bad word) to get their exotic to the vet because they died. The store stance your problem. My wife didn’t research before getting Amara for me to know about pet stores. I didn’t know my wife was even thinking about a sulcata as a gift but she knows I love all reptile species sulcata’s being my passion. I love Amara and want to give her what she deserves. This company needs to be exposed and held accountable for the abuse and neglect of all the wonderful exotics they somehow managed to get. This is corporate so that means this is just one of their stores. Please I urge you don’t buy from any safari pets. If you know of a way I can help report to the people who do something about this I want to know. The federal law says they must be 4 inches before legal sale. I have pictures. Amara was one and a half inches. I did not find that out until extensive research and contacting a few sulcata rescues. Complaining to each other is a start but I can’t hear about another reptile dying from that stores deliberate abuse and neglect. Help please