THE POOPING IN THE PEN DILEMA SOLVED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mandeville, Louisiana
Ok, ok, this is all my fault....please put your minds at ease because Tom is right, I really was just joking (thank you Tom) I had put a diaper on them a couple of days ago bc it was rainy outside and a couple of people were coming to see them since I was so excited to know that I was finally going to adopt my very own sulcatas...so that day I put diapers on them while they were inside the house, I posted a couple of pictures and everyone loved them so since I was shocked to see how much poop they had made the night before I thought it would be another cute picture of them with diapers inside of their home....even if I were silly enough to leave them with their diapers on, trust me those hind legs can bulldoze through diapers easier that any of us can break a toothpick. Sorryyyyy for causing a bit of commotion and thank you for your concerns. :0)

It was meant to be this kind of picture. ;0)

image-159792351.png

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think a lot of folks were not taking this in the joking mater due to the fact we saw them the other day wearing diapers and then your other thread on the amount of poop they do. Plus many folks may have thought you were not being totally serious, because you have been posting in here for awhile so they have gotten "a feel" for you, but what if the famous Suzy Sugarplum comes in here on her first day of sulcata ownership? If we had all been saying how cute, or ya you have that problem figured out instead of giving the facts, Suzy not knowing any of us, could have gotten the idea that it was in fact okay to go with it. So maybe that is where our sense of humor had gone?

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Mandeville, Louisiana
Totally agree Jaqui, that's why I started by saying that all the commotion was my fault because I know that not everyone will know when I'm kidding or not I thanked everyone for their concerns.....Next time I'll make my sense of humor more noticeable because you're right, you never know when a newby might come along and innocently take away potential harmful information for his or her torts. So sorryyyyyyyyy you guys and again thank you all for your concerns. :0)

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
Tom said:
Where is everyone's sense of humor?

Obviously she meant this as a little joke.

And they don't live in that little box, it's just their night house.

A few shovels full or regular dirt from your yard will make it much easier to clean up. Or you can use bermuda or orchard grass hay in there too.

Oh my oh my.. I thought it was so funny but I didn't see any of the other stuff. Actually I was calculating how much adult diapers would be...lol.. The poop will stabilize once you get them on a regular diet. Willie took a couple weeks. Also, I've tried hay and dirt and Willie loves the dirt. Makes clean up way easy - get one of those poop scoopers with a handle like a pooper grabber.. Though in the outside if it's not wet I use my hands now, it's solid like someone else said elephant poop. Unless he has gotten into fruit. I will add they track the dirt out of the house and make everything a little " dirtier" and he has a nice dirt coating at all time until he soaks himself but really happy... Thanks to toms suggestions.. Are you ready for the storm to head your way? We have had a crap load of rain, I just put Willie back outside in the rain with a basking light in his house ( on a timer)

holliewould

5 Year Member
Ob too funny!!! Lololol did you already have diapers? Can I have your permission to steal this pic for facebook!!' :)

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Mandeville, Louisiana
holliewould said:
Ob too funny!!! Lololol did you already have diapers? Can I have your permission to steal this pic for facebook!!' :)

YES HOLLIE…..PLEASE post it on your facebook, it's been a hit for everyone else who has!!!!! :)

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Just happen to see these diaper photos. LOL very funny, there should be more jokes like this in this forum :D

Status
Not open for further replies.