Hebrew.jpg

LemonDrops.jpg

Shy.jpg

mpacc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SW Idaho
Thanks!!

Camera enriches the shells, in real life they arent that vivid.

The two yellow (M/F) are really socaial. The third brown skin one is a little shy. But she is very pretty.

Personalities in turtles.....I am now enlightened and it is awesome.

And in the past 3 days, each has had 6 worms, Carrots, and a little banana. I was worried about initial eating struggles. I am sure they will come sometime. Yellows eat freely, shy one likes her own little space, and me to back off a bit.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Beautiful boxies. The colores in your first pic of the yellow boxie just pops.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
mpacc said:
Thanks!!

Camera enriches the shells, in real life they arent that vivid.

The two yellow (M/F) are really socaial. The third brown skin one is a little shy. But she is very pretty.

Personalities in turtles.....I am now enlightened and it is awesome.

And in the past 3 days, each has had 6 worms, Carrots, and a little banana. I was worried about initial eating struggles. I am sure they will come sometime. Yellows eat freely, shy one likes her own little space, and me to back off a bit.

Did you just get these guys, I use to have 6 ornate boxies and they are pretty cool. Usually live food helps them get started eating.

mpacc

5 Year Member
SW Idaho
Originally from Virginia I belive. I adopted them from a reptile(snakes) loving family in Nevada. Not sure of the validity on that, but I trust them, met them at an expo last year. We talked about me just getting one, somehow I ended up with the whole clan;]

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
mpacc said:
Originally from Virginia I belive. I adopted them from a reptile(snakes) loving family in Nevada. Not sure of the validity on that, but I trust them, met them at an expo last year. We talked about me just getting one, somehow I ended up with the whole clan;]

Very good looking turtles, are you familiar with hibernation. Do you know if the people that had them before you let them hibernate each year. Some people let them hibernate and some dont. I let mine hibernate each year without a problem

mpacc

5 Year Member
SW Idaho
They suggested to keep them up till spring going outside. They didnt burmate them this year, because of needing to find a home for them. But they kept them outdoors in NV and when they lived back east. I assume they hibernated them because of the outdoor enclosure.

It is too late to attempt hibernation? They all seem healthy and are BAR, (bright/alert/responsive)term from my Raptor Rehab/Rescue days.

I have them in a 55gal tub, seems cramped for now. They will go outside come spring, 5x12 (could go a little bigger too) pen.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
mpacc said:
They suggested to keep them up till spring going outside. They didnt burmate them this year, because of needing to find a home for them. But they kept them outdoors in NV and when they lived back east. I assume they hibernated them because of the outdoor enclosure.

It is too late to attempt hibernation? They all seem healthy and are BAR, (bright/alert/responsive)term from my Raptor Rehab/Rescue days.

I have them in a 55gal tub, seems cramped for now. They will go outside come spring, 5x12 (could go a little bigger too) pen.

Probably a good idea to keep them from hibernating because they are new torts. If you keep them warm they wont want to hibernate. Good luck with them

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
The first picture of the male is exceptional. The others are very nice too. I wouldn't hibernate any more this Winter, as it's too late for them to acclimate to the weather change. Put them out in the Spring, and by next Winter they will be ready.

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
terryo said:
The first picture of the male is exceptional. The others are very nice too. I wouldn't hibernate any more this Winter, as it's too late for them to acclimate to the weather change. Put them out in the Spring, and by next Winter they will be ready.

i keep my guys and gals up simply because i live in the pnw where natural incbation would be a death sentence and im limited on space for artificial. personally i like the first female in the second picture. shes caling me name lol

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
What bedding do you use? I have moss, but it doesn't look quite like yours.

mpacc

5 Year Member
SW Idaho
I use new zealand moss, long fiber. works great so far, and bed a beast(coconut) below.

yes a whole picture soon, there is another plant and a hide. Tight space till spring, but each finds a niche to get cozy in.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I only use the New Zealand moss also. I put it under all the plants and in any hiding spot for my insides turtles. It's so soft. I wet it with hot water and fluff it up. It's the only stubrate I use for hides.

Status
Not open for further replies.