Then/Now...Leopard Growth

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Tico will be a year old in about a month or so. Here's a few comparison shots from when we got him and as of present.

4 +/- months old
030.jpg

Present
IMG_2192.jpg

3 +/- months old
tico12NOV10260.jpg

7 +/- months old
1299984002087.jpg

Present
IMG_2182.jpg

Thanks for looking...

wildponey21

5 Year Member
ok i have a leo he or she is 8 weeks old and is 39 grams is that to small also how do i get him to eat more

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Wow, I love all the comparison pics! Tico is awesome. Do you know the weight?

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
wildponey21 said:
ok i have a leo he or she is 8 weeks old and is 39 grams is that to small also how do i get him to eat more

What type of leo is it? At around 8-12 weeks I believe Tico was around 50 grams. That sounds fine to me, they all grow at different rates. As far as getting him to eat, it's really trial and error, try to feed as many different things as you can. You are bound to find something that your little one likes. Also try bright colored foods such as hibiscus flowers, pumpkin, squash...etc. Tico really likes Mazuri, if you can get your hands on some that is also good to try. And don't forget about cactus pads (opuntia). Sorry kind of scatter brained answer, long day at work. Hope this helps.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It's amazing, he looks like a totally different tortoise in each picture. Still the best looking one around.

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
CtTortoiseMom said:
Wow, I love all the comparison pics! Tico is awesome. Do you know the weight?

I've been slacking on keeping his weights, but around 1.5 months ago he was around 300 grams. I'd say around 350.

Thanks everyone, we really enjoy watching him grow and are glad that we found this forum to share it w/ everyone else.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Tico is absolutely stunning. Definitely one of the smoothest Leopards I have ever seen, if not THE smoothest!! He is just perfect!
I'm sure you've discussed it before, but how do you care for him? High humidity? Soaks? Do you spray him? What is his diet? etc Please share :)

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
ChiKat said:
Tico is absolutely stunning. Definitely one of the smoothest Leopards I have ever seen, if not THE smoothest!! He is just perfect!
I'm sure you've discussed it before, but how do you care for him? High humidity? Soaks? Do you spray him? What is his diet? etc Please share :)

Right now he spends the entire day outside in the sun in San Diego where it is usually around 73 degrees and then comes in at night time to a 40 gal breeder. I keep the ambient temp around 77 degrees and the humidity anywhere from 70-90% pending on where you read it. He also has a humid hide where he spends the majority of his sleep time indoors.

I try to soak him twice daily, when I wake up for work and then when he come's in for the evening. He gets sprayed whenever I walk past his outdoor enclosure. I have recently started to slow down on his soaking though to just in the evening because I was noticing that he was doing his buisness both times and thought he might not be holding his meals long enough to benefit from all the nutrients.

As far as diet goes he gets cuddle bone access 24/7, I feed mazuri 2 times a week and a daily varity of spring mix, kale, dandelion, grape leaves, hibiscus (flowers/leaves), pumpkin (seasonal), squash, and other greens I can't think of at the moment. He also has access to everything growing in his outdoor enclosure to graze on, things like ice plant, elephant plant, jade, aloe, dandelion, rye/wheat grass, clover, a spring mix seed mix I planted, and whatever else happens to sprout in there.

Other than that just a little TLC and SoCal sunshine to ensure a happy tort. Hope that answeres the question :D

Neal said:
It's amazing, he looks like a totally different tortoise in each picture. Still the best looking one around.

Yeah it's really crazy to see how much he has changed in just a year! I'm looking forward to seeing what his patterning will be in another couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.