Things to watch for outside

Whiplash4ever

Location (City and/or State)
Northern Illinois
Is there anything I need to watch for? I have oaks, maples a cherry and a corkscrew willow. Will any of those leaves or the bark be an issue? Any plants that might be toxic?

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
We have a large one acre area for our two Sulcattas but have a mulberry tree in it. It produces a lot of fruit, so since that is not good for them we are going to cut the mulberry down. I think cherries that fruit would be the same way, the fruit isn't good for them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We have a large one acre area for our two Sulcattas but have a mulberry tree in it. It produces a lot of fruit, so since that is not good for them we are going to cut the mulberry down. I think cherries that fruit would be the same way, the fruit isn't good for them.
I wouldn't cut the mulberry down. The leaves are good for them. No the fruit isn't, but you could either collect as much as possible or as I read several times. Let it be, once the fruit is gone they will be done being able to eat them. You could even run a mower or something over them to squish them so they can't really get ahold of a lot of them.

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
thanks for the idea of squishing them, I hated to cut the tree down.