This weather!

Rachael403

Location (City and/or State)
NE, USA
I finally got my "plans" ready for getting our new enclosure set up which we are super excited about. We are essentially making the enclosure the length of our current fence. Once we get our 6 ft fence up it will be "moved." But we will deal with that in a couple of years. lol.

So... everything is going great. Got the dirt. Brought over the tiller. Get the land surveyed is the next thing on our list then we will be buying LOTS of wood to get started. Then, it drops below freezing this week, and now we have to expect snow. For those of you that do not have to live in Nebraska's odd weather, I am very jealous.

We are also excited to announce that we are going to be building an outdoor pond area to let our RES baby go out during the summer. That will be the next project after this one. It will also be very sturdy, with hardware wire, and an area for land also. I would also like to get another RES around the same size this summer. Lets see if my big plans for everything works out!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ours isn't as bad as yours. No snow or freezing temps, but we have dropped down from upper 70's low 80's to mid 40's and low 50's and lots of rain. We had a better February then we have had in March and April.
Lots of on again off again spring projects.
Hope the snow misses you and you can get your projects down. I want to see pics when you do.

Rachael403

NE, USA
I keep telling myself that pretty soon everyone will be complaining about the 100 degree temps here. Does it get really hot in IL also?

I will definitely post pictures. I had an awesome setup at the old house, but never took any pictures of it. I had a large garden that I converted into a turtle home. I think that they will enjoy what I am going to do here though, also. This house is a hundred years old so there is a hump in the back yard where a septic tank used to be. I can see them climbing that little hill ALL the time. We are planning on making that area their turtle garden on the hump along with a "box" that could be on that side for bad weather. So many things to consider when making a new habitat for our turtle children.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
I finally got my "plans" ready for getting our new enclosure set up which we are super excited about. We are essentially making the enclosure the length of our current fence. Once we get our 6 ft fence up it will be "moved." But we will deal with that in a couple of years. lol.

So... everything is going great. Got the dirt. Brought over the tiller. Get the land surveyed is the next thing on our list then we will be buying LOTS of wood to get started. Then, it drops below freezing this week, and now we have to expect snow. For those of you that do not have to live in Nebraska's odd weather, I am very jealous.

We are also excited to announce that we are going to be building an outdoor pond area to let our RES baby go out during the summer. That will be the next project after this one. It will also be very sturdy, with hardware wire, and an area for land also. I would also like to get another RES around the same size this summer. Lets see if my big plans for everything works out!

Good luck with your enclosure!

Greta16

Western Maine
Good luck with your project. I'm gonna be starting on a temporary outdoor setup for my 4mo old soon. The weather here in Maine is terrible as well. 73 and sunny yesterday, 55 and drizzly today!