Thors xray 2wks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, Va
Shame, poor tort. When there's that much of an impaction there's very little besides surgery that can help. I wish thor a speedy recovery, and a future free of gravel.

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
Modesto (Northern) California
Livingstone said:
Shame, poor tort. When there's that much of an impaction there's very little besides surgery that can help. I wish thor a speedy recovery, and a future free of gravel.

Thank you livingstone. He has DEFINATELY been quarantined from the area that has pea gravel. Too little too late but now I know. I sure hope he recovers from his surgery as well as the Sully, Ernie I posted about. This was the only story I could find on this type of surgery for sulcatas but at least it shows pics. It makes it a little easier to know he can make a full recovery God willing.

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
holliewould said:
Wow how much does a surgery like that cost?

Anywhere from $800-$1100. And his vet bills have already come to $700 at this point. But we can do it thanks to our Care Credit card so I feel very blessed in that respect. I recommend it to anyone who has pets. It's an interest free card for medical, dental and vet expenses. it's a life saver in emergencies. And thank god I just finished paying it off from the 2 teens braces. Lol.

Ruchonnet said:
Good luck to him! I'm sure he'll pull through like a champ!

Thank you. I'm having a good feeling. He ate more than usual tonight (well, normal for sick Thor. Not well Thor) so I'm praying for an overnight miracle. But if not then I'll settle for a speedy recovery.

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
Ruchonnet said:
Oh that's the one I've heard is really good!

He was the only one I could find of reptile vets who treat tortoises. So far, he seems to be very knowledgeable and a great doctor. Very direct, yet personable. I'm lucky to have found him.

Ruchonnet

5 Year Member
Central Valley, CA
jpmcclure said:
He was the only one I could find of reptile vets who treat tortoises. So far, he seems to be very knowledgeable and a great doctor. Very direct, yet personable. I'm lucky to have found him.

Im sure he will do a fantastic job! And thor will be good as new in no time!!

Arnold_rules

5 Year Member
Gilbert, AZ
Hope Thor does well with surgery. My CDT goes in for surgery tomorrow for bladder stone, big one, so I know what you are going through.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
what have you been doing for him? mineral oil? feeding? Or is he not eating?

is that his stomach? can they go thru the mouth and try to pull them out?

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
Laura said:
what have you been doing for him? mineral oil? feeding? Or is he not eating?

is that his stomach? can they go thru the mouth and try to pull them out?

Doctor gave him mineral oil enema but it just gave him the runs. No rocks. He's not eating well at all. That's his intestines. His head is facing downward. So mouth isn't an option. Also I think the rear isn't an option either. There are too many and I think it'd be much more painful in the after care. But that's only my opinion. Not a medical standpoint. I'll send an update as soon as I get new news. His appt is at 11 this morning. 3 more hrs.

jpmcclure said:
Doctor gave him mineral oil enema but it just gave him the runs. No rocks. He's not eating well at all. That's his intestines. His head is facing downward. So mouth isn't an option. Also I think the rear isn't an option either. There are too many and I think it'd be much more painful in the after care. But that's only my opinion. Not a medical standpoint. I'll send an update as soon as I get new news. His appt is at 11 this morning. 3 more hrs.

Or actually I guess mineral oil laxative since he went thru the mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.